Here is a complete guide on how you can fix VPN error 619 on your windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1, windows xp or mac pc. VPN means virtual private network.
By using VPN you will get access to a network privately and the owner of the website won’t know the original details of the connection you are using to access his website.
While using VPN one might also come across several errors. There are many errors which one can get after using VPN and one of the most common error is VPN error 619.
What VPN Error 619 says is “A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed. For further assistance, click More Info or search Help and Support Center for this error number”.
There are many causes of the VPN Error 619 and we have listed some of the reasons why you might be getting this error on your computer.
Other helpful guide for updating graphic driver of windows XP, windows 7, and windows 8/8.1.
Reasons of VPN Error 619 for Windows or Mac
Reasons which might be responsible for VPN Error 619:
- There might be firewall which is present in between your PC and your VPN connection which is blocking the connection.
- There is possibility that the admin of your mac / windows computer has disabled the VPN walkthrough option from the router.
- Your ISP might also have blocked the access to VPN which might result in this error.
- If you are having bug in your computer [windows (windows 7, windows 8, 8.1, windows XP) or mac] or your router, also you might come across this error.
These are some of the reasons why you are getting VPN Error 619 on your PC. You can have a look at different methods shared below which will help you in fixing this error.
How to fix VPN Error 619
There can be many reasons that you are getting this error on your PC and it is not known which trick or method will solve the issue on your PC. There are five tricks which you can follow to fix the VPN Error 619.
We have mentioned the tricks below:
- You should only use one VPN connection on your PC. If you are using more than 1 VPN connection, you need to stop using the other one as the conflict might be responsible for the error.
- Disable any antivirus which you are using on your PC or the firewall installed on your PC as it might also be responsible for the VPN Error 619.
- You can also try uninstalling the VPN software which you are using on your PC and reinstalling the latest version of that software. Setup the VPN software and update your Windows also. Reboot your PC and you should not get this error again.
- Try changing the connection settings. Go to the security settings tab and from there change the VPN connection type from automatic to PPTP. You also need to change the data encryption configuration to optional and then choose CHAP & MS-CHAP v2.
- If you are still getting the error on your PC then the issue might also be because of the internet settings. You need to check the internet and wireless settings on your PC. If you are having any other internet connection with you, you can try using it also as the issue might be because of your ISP too.
We hope now you are able to fix VPN Error 619. If you are still getting the error on your PC, we suggest you to install any other VPN software on your PC.
Use the comments section below to tell us which method worked for you to resolve the error. If you used any other trick and it worked for you please share it with our readers.